Dr. E. Antonio Mangubat
MTF Surgery Seattle
With more than 20 years of experience performing transgender surgery, Dr. E. Antonio Mangubat is the Pacific Northwest's most sought-after surgeon.
Based in the Seattle area, Dr. Mangubat is board-certified by the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery and the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery, and is also a member of the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH).
Dr. Mangubat specializes in:
- MTF Breast Augmentation
- Buttock Augmentation and Body Sculpting
- Facial Feminization Surgery (FFS)
- Hair Grafting
MTF Breast Augmentation - $6000-$7500
While feminizing hormones will produce mild to moderate breast development in many trans women, some desire additional fullness. Breast Augmentation surgery provides this enhancement, and the procedure thus plays a significant role in MTF transition.
Depending on your transition goals and anatomy, Dr. Mangubat will make recommendations regarding the type of incision and implant to be used. (Saline and silicone breast implants are available.)
Breast Augmentation is an outpatient procedure that takes approximately 1 hour. Following surgery, patients experience some pain, which is controlled with pain killers. Patients can return to regular activities just one month after surgery. Complications related to infection and slow healing are rare.
Buttock Augmentation and Body Sculpting - $6500 / $3995+
Buttock Augmentation and Body Sculpting, aka Contouring, are among the several surgical procedures that can help trans women acquire classic "hourglass" curves. Liposuction is used to remove excess fat from the abdomen, "love handles" and mid back, and with "fat transfer," some of the extracted fat can be transferred to provide additional curves in the thighs and buttocks. Buttock implants are also available.
Facial Feminization Surgery (FFS) - price varies
Facial Feminization Surgery, or FFS for short, refers to a group of surgical procedures that transforms masculine facial features to look more feminine.
- Brow lift: More curves and contoured forehead
- Brow tinting: More advanced hairline
- Hair transplant: higher and thinner eyebrows
- Rhinoplasty and Septoplasty: Softer nose slant, more curved tip
- Cheek implants: Well curved, high cheekbones, fuller cheeks
- Chin implant: Gently pointed and curved chin
- Lip shortening: Shorter top lip, overall plumper lips
- Blepharoplasty: Larger-looking eyes
- Tracheal shave: Reduction of "Adam's Apple" for smooth, graceful neck
Hair Grafting - price varies
Despite the benefits of estrogen in slowing hair loss, HRT doesn't promote new hair growth. Trans women who have already experienced hair loss have several treatment options, including Hair Grafting, widely viewed as the most effective way to treat hair loss. Results are better and more permanent than treatments like Rogaine.
The Hair Grafting procedure involves removing strips of skin containing hair follicles, creating grafts from the strips, and surgically placing the grafts where new hair growth is desired. New hair growth returns in 3-4 months following surgery. Spaces between the new hair implants are filled in with new grafts in a follow-up procedure. (Several treatment sessions may be necessary.)
Dr. Mangubat has offices in both Bellevue and Tukwila. He performs surgery at his private surgery facility in Tukwila, La Belle View Cosmetic Surgery Centers.
Booking Your Surgery
- Contact Dr. Mangubat to schedule your FREE in-person or phone consultation.
- Dr. Mangubat is a member of WPATH. You may be required to present a letter of recommendation from a psychologist or other mental health professional.
- Dr. Mangubat accepts cash, credit cards, checks, and financing from medical financing companies such as CareCredit. Dr. Mangubat also accepts insurance. At this time, he does not accept Medicaid (Apple Health) or Medicare.
Have questions? Contact Dr. Mangubat here.